6.16.2009

Star Struck

So earlier this year, I may have had something to do with the designing of a K/BIS invite for Jenn-Air. It was targeted for the press and invited them to learn about Jenn-Air's revolutionary new products with keynote speaker, author, and food network star, Ted Allen.
During the course of the design, it had to go through Ted for approval and I was impressed when I learned that he personally was going to be looking at it. I was over the top excited when I knew he was going to be looking at something I designed. I was hoping I could get the invite signed when it went to production, but it fell through the cracks.
Chrissy to the rescue. Chrissy, a thoughtful coworker of mine, wrote to Ted and asked if he would be willing to sign it. His assistant responded and the two arrange mail drops. After a long wait... it arrived yesterday. To my complete, utter, surprise! I am SO ecstatic!!!






In March, I attended the International Home and Housewares show in Chicago, where I had the pleasure of meeting Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto! It was so surreal. (The year before I got to watch Alton Brown do a demo, but was unable to score an autograph. Paula Deen was there too!) It sure has been a food network filled year!





Getting his autograph and trying to stop my hands from shaking!












2 comments:

  1. Aww shucks, Sheen...anything for you!!! Happy late birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, priceless look on Paula's face.

    ReplyDelete